Sunday, November 17, 2013

Weekend Card

Happy Sunday!
Last night I was able to get downstairs and use one of the new stamp sets I received in my last "it's time to treat myself" haul.  I would love to make a haul video, but haven't had the time to figure that all out.  Right now all my new goodies are in their mailing envelopes and I just keep getting them out, looking at them and then putting them back in.  I'm weird, I know, but I just love how new and unused they are.  I read someone's crafting blog recently about how she hates to use her new stamps and I can totally relate. I got lots of Paper Smooches stamps and dies (awesome customer service, btw), some Lawn Fawn, Jane's Doodles, The Alley Way and Avery Elle.  Love, love, love my new goodies!  Anyway, this card is from Jane's Doodles and it's for a very special little boy from a very special family.  I have his sister this year and she mentioned last week that her brother would love to have a letter from me.  Who could say no?
 I tried some Copic coloring on the owl and leaves. I am such an amateur, but I had fun and I don't think it turned out too bad.  The sentiment is from Paper Smooches and I'm not thrilled with my stamping on this.  It has some thick and some thin lines and I think it looks a little messy.  From now on I will stamp the sentiment first, not last.  That way if I mess it up I won't have put in all the work on the rest of the card!  Live and learn. 
                                            
                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting!