Sunday, November 24, 2013

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

Hello!
It felt so good to be inside today. It's very windy and cold out, the coldest day so far this season. Of course, all the raking we did yesterday didn't last long. If we're lucky the leaves will blow off the trees and into the field next door!  First thing this morning, I put on some holiday music, lit a piney scented candle and came up with two Christmas cards. Both use Stampin Up products, although I went a bit nontraditional on the first.  



  The SU stamp set is pretty old, called Peace to the World.  I white embossed then inked with Broken China Distress Ink on Whisper White card stock.  The paper is Jolly Holiday from Recollections.  I used the Wink of Stella glitter pen for the first time and now I see what all the fuss is about.  You could seriously go sparkle crazy with this thing.  My photos this week are pretty bad so I tried a close up so the sparkly bits can be seen.



The second card is all SU.  I'm trying whenever possible to use up my stash of DSP.  This is a Christmas paper from a few years back, I guess.  

I've made loads of cards with this stuff, a curly paper ribbon wreathe and I've still got several sheets left!  I watched a YouTube video on using the hexagon embossing folder on DSP and then cutting each shape out so it fits inside the embossed designs.  Again, the photo is pretty bad.  It was fun to make and not too time-consuming.  Not only do I need a photography lesson, I need to learn how to tie a decent bow, too!

                                       Have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting!