I looked forward all week to Saturday
when I'd have time to craft!!
I had my eye on a wreath that I found on Pinterest and was anxious to give it a try. I saw this wreath on various Stampin Up websites, too, but I don't know if it was originally a SU project. It was incredibly easy to do and a great way to use supplies I already had. I did purchase the foam ring (but used my 40% off coupon!) from Michaels last weekend.
Here is the finished project:
I took a few pics along the way, so I'll explain the process as I go.
I used Orchard Harvest DSP that I had in my stash. I love this paper and bought two packs when it went on sale. I've been waiting for the right project to come along and I'm glad I did. I couldn't be happier with how this turned out!
At first I thought I would use my Sizzix adhesive sheets. The strips (1 1/2" X 12") fit perfectly, but when it came to wrapping them around the foam ring, I was getting frustrated. Too sticky! Yikes!!
I quickly switched to Scotch Liquid Glue. That gave me some wiggle room to, well, wiggle the strips and get them just right.
Although, for someone more dextrous than me the adhesive sheets would work great, I'm sure!
After the ring was covered, I notched each strip using the first little cut out as my pattern. I simply traced the little triangle cut out on each paper strip so they would all be the same size.
Here is a close up of the embellishments. I used the same DSP to create rosettes and used the Tattered Leaves die from Tim Holtz to make the leaves. The leaves, buttons, and linen thread are SU products.
I got a lot of nice Facebook love when I posted this.
I titled it A Pinterest Win. Ha!
I really hope you give it a try!