Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Stamping Bella and Prismacolors

It's New Year's Eve!  
I just put my youngest daughter on a train to NYC so she can ring in the New Year with friends.  So I'll be spending New Year's on my couch watching TV and worrying about her.  Oh well... what else is new?

Here is a card I made using my new Prismacolor pencils and odorless mineral spirits.  I've been stalking youtube for videos featuring coloring techniques.  There is definitely a lot to be learned about color selection, blending and shading.  I am having lots of fun playing, though!


 I am very inspired by Therese at Lostinpaper.  I love her clean designs.  The curved focal panel and patterned paper background is very much inspired by her. Therese is doing a series for Penny Black this week.  Be sure to check it out.  I have been waking up each morning, grabbing my coffee and my ipad and watching/studying her videos!

Happy, happy New Year, everyone!  Here's hoping it is a year of good things for you and your family! 


1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Mary! Your card is brilliant, looks like you are totally having a blast with your new pencils, I recently found out there is a 'pack of 150' and I am colouring furiously so that I can 'make it mine' lol. Thanks so much for your kinds words, Hugs Therese

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting!