This blog has been a wonderful way to share this hobby with others, but it's also a way for me to document my own crafty journey. So today, I'm posting more for myself. I tried a few new techniques recently and just got the cards completed today. I wanted to take a few pics so that I can remember them.
The first card...
I used a very old, never used Sizzix die that I bought on clearance years ago. I die cut it from watercolor paper and then used Distress inks to smoosh color on the flowers, heart, and curly cues. I also inked the original panel and in-laid the die cut pieces. Next, I gold embossed the edges of the panel and the card base, a technique I saw Kristina Werner use on holiday cards this year. I also used the eraser tip of a pencil to paint on some versamark on the flower centers so that I could also emboss them a bit as well. It's a large card due to the size of the die. I did not add any dimension as I will be mailing this to my daughter. I'm happy with the results. It was fun being 'artsy' and loose!
I tried some no-line Distress ink coloring, again as seen on Kristina's blog. I don't know if this was the best image to try the technique on, but it was fun. You can still see lines even though I did stamp off as suggested. The image, by the way, is from Jane's Doodles. I embossed the sentiment in gold and added the gold sequins to brighten up the overall look and make it a bit more Valentine-y.
I have to work on getting a better lighting set up. The sun is just not that reliable in February!!
As always, when trying something new the results can be hit or miss. There are elements of these cards that I love, and things that I am definitely not happy with. I will absolutely be trying these techniques again! As I tell my students, practice makes progress!
Have a great day!