Monday, August 4, 2014

Love Makes a House a Home

My brother and his wife just made settlement on an amazing old farmhouse nearby and my grade partner is buying her first home this month.  
I broke out a set from Jane's Doodles called Home Sweet Home for these cards.  

Here is the card for my brother:
 

I used Spectrum Noir markers and did a bit of paper piecing.  The paper is "Farmhouse" from Crate Paper.  The stitched die is from Lawn Fawn. I glued the bottom of the house down, but put a couple of foam dots on the upper part of the house to pop it up a bit.

The next card is for my next door neighbor at school, Melissa.  She is making settlement on a new house this month.  This is from the same stamp set, but a more clean and simple look.


I changed the layout a few times before I was satisfied. Thank goodness my adhesives were forgiving!  Also, the strip of green was an attempt to cover yet another mistake.  Not sure if it represents a sidewalk or front lawn or what, but it grounded the image and masked my boo-boos. The sentiment is from an old Hero Arts set.

We are off to do some dorm room shopping today.  My poor credit card is taking a beating!
See you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting!