Saturday, September 19, 2015

SPARKS Thank You Card


Happy Saturday!!

First challenge entry in a long time!  Nothing like the last minute though.  This week it's a Picture Perfect Challenge on the Paper Smooches SPARKS blog.  

Here is the inspiration photo:

 


And here is my take on it:


First, I used the Squared Die from Paper Smooches on  plain white cardstock.  I trimmed here and there to create the box pattern.  Then, I watercolored the splotches using my Zig Clean Color Brush Tip pens.  Last, I used the Paper Smooches Thanks Word Die for the sentiment on black card stock.  Simple design, big impact!




Make sure you check out the other entries on the challenge blog!  Always great inspiration!!

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. This is a winner to me! I love your design with those wonderful pops of color. I'm going to pin this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! What a creative take on the challenge photo! Thanks so much for playing along with Paper Smooches SPARKS!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you've colored up the negative space, Mary! Rainbow colors with lots of white space - happy mood!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting!